Re: [pygame] Problems with py2exe and Pygame

On Dec 4, 2007, at 1:19 PM, Joe Johnston wrote:

hwg wrote:
I'm trying to make an exe of a simple Pygame program.
 Here's the setup.py <http://setup.py/>:
     from distutils.core import setup
    import py2exe, pygame
    import glob, shutil
setup(windows=["lunarlander.py <http://lunarlander.py/>"]) shutil.copyfile('moonsurface.png', 'dist/moonsurface.png')
    shutil.copyfile('lunarlander2.png', 'dist/lunarlander2.png')
shutil.copyfile('C:/Python25/Lib/site-packages/pygame/ freesansbold.ttf',
    'dist/freesansbold.ttf')

Maybe I'm a loser, but I generally keep the setup.py script short. If I've got to move files, I do that from a bat script which can call my Windows installer compiler too (inno, my case).

A good reason to keep this stuff in python (regardless of whether it is in setup.py or not) is portability. bat files only work on Windows. But then again, absolute paths (especially ones that use drive letters) are highly non-portable anyhow no matter what language they're in (even on different machines that are running Windows).

-Casey