Re: [pygame] sound crackle fix? update version?

mp3 should load fine from a file - it may have problems with loading from a buffer or file-like object or for mixer.music, but I think it's an oversight that it's not listed for the Sound constructor.

I think the problem is that the mixer is getting shutdown when you script ends, stopping the playback. Try running a script that waits for the playback to finish, either with just an arbitrary delay (time.sleep(3) ) or waiting for the channel to be done, so something like this:
       pygame.mixer.init()
       s = pygame.mixer.Sound( path + "\CMaj.mp3" )
       chan = s.play()
       while chan.get_sound() != None:
              pass

If you are still experiencing any kind of problem with 1.8.1 or the 1.9.0 pre-release builds, please submit a bug report (email the list or at the bugzilla page) including both the script and the sound file needed to reproduce the problem