Re: [pygame] sound crackle fix? update version?

Jake b wrote:
On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
mp3 should load fine from a file - it may have problems with loading from a
buffer or file-like object or for mixer.music, but I think it's an oversight
that it's not listed for the Sound constructor.

I think the problem is that the mixer is getting shutdown when you script
ends, stopping the playback. Try running a script that waits for the

I also had that code in a game, that has a render loop till, you quit.
If the sound object is still in scope during render, then would this
not apply?

Because the problem happened there too.

playback to finish, either with just an arbitrary delay (time.sleep(3) ) or
waiting for the channel to be done, so something like this:
       pygame.mixer.init()
       s = pygame.mixer.Sound( path + "\CMaj.mp3" )
       chan = s.play()
       while chan.get_sound() != None:
              pass

If you are still experiencing any kind of problem with 1.8.1 or the 1.9.0
pre-release builds, please submit a bug report (email the list or at the
bugzilla page) including both the script and the sound file needed to
reproduce the problem

Email the bug to this list? I'll get the sample code and files
together, and send it.
Pygame uses smpeg for mp3 playback. It is not the most reliable package for this. It's possible smpeg can't handle all variations of bit rates and such.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>