Re: [pygame] HTML editor woes on pygame.org/wiki

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 8:53 AM, B W <stabbingfinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings, pygamers.

When I click the [edit] link on the Pygame wiki all the existing,
nicely pre-formatted Python code is joined onto a single line. It just
comes out of the page like that--would be a lot of work to manually
reformat. Even if I switch to HTML mode and enter HTML it doesn't keep
the formatting. Consequently, I cannot post anything because it screws
up what was already there, as well as the stuff I wish to post.

Is this a known issue? Windows XP and Firefox 3. No site or script
blocking enabled.

Gumm

Hello,

thanks for that... I did know about the problem, but just hadn't fixed it yet.

Now it is a bit better... it now only loads the rich text editor if you tell it to.
However code can still be messed up by the rich text editor.  You can fix it by using pre and code tags.

Then the rich text editor does not mess up the code formatting.

I've also updated http://www.pygame.org/wiki/syntax and the CookBook page to mention using pre tags along with the code tags.

... anyway, it should be more usable now.

cheers,