Re: [pygame] Does anyone have a python implementation of A*?

Michael Robin wrote:
> On a related note, has anyone tried psycho
> with a pygame? (Not sure if it's prime-time yet, but I thought it
> handled numerics well at least.)

i've not tried psycho. but, a long time ago, back in the pysdl days, i
did do several experiments to see if python could be sped up for games.
i worked with an old simplish game like "aliens". i tried several
things, like running "python2c" the stackless interpeter which was
supposed to have a speed increase for certain situations. in any event,
nothing i did ever really got more than a 5% improvement. the mix of
python code running on top of SDL seems to be as fast as it gets with
the regular old python interpreter. (well, i suppose you can use the -OO
flag to get a 1-2% speedup)

on the other hand, i've heard some of the new psycho type optimizers can
do amazing things with Numeric code. it'd be interesting to try it on
something like the "flame" or "mandelbrot" example in the pcr.

i've not tried anything with it. a long time ago (back in the pysdl days) i