Re: [pygame] Sound crackle

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:03:26AM -0800, Pete Shinners wrote:
> it sounds like a couple people are enjoying this feature. perhaps if we
> get a list of the offending OS, soundcard, driver, and the versions of
> pygame and SDL/SDL_mixer? also, i'm curious if going to an older version
> of pygame really fixes things? (if so, then freely blame me) :]

Computer - homebuilt duron system, running redhat 7.2
Sound card - Creative Labs SB Live! (rev 08)
Driver - the emu10k1 driver that comes with redhat 7.2
Python 2.1.2
Pygame 1.3
SDL 1.2.3

I have no record of having compiled SDL_mixer separately from sdl
itself.  I do have records of compiling sdl_image and sdl_ttf
separately.  It's entirely possible my sdl_mixer came with redhat 7.2.
Indeed, my system believes it has SDL_mixer-1.2.0-4 installed via rpm,
and since I usually avoid rpm's post-install, this probably got
installed during the OS install.

--
Dan Stromberg                                               UCI/NACS/DCS

PGP signature