Re: [pygame] Sound crackle

DirkK wrote:
> I don't know whether someone already mentioned it; but since I use
> pygame 1.4, I have a crackling sound from my speaker on init, I am sure
> I didn't have it before. where does that come from?

hmm, i just went looking through the mixer history. nothing has really
changed between 1.3 to 1.4. pygame 1.3 added the ability to change the
"mixing buffer size" when initializing, but the default behavior is the
same.

it sounds like the mixing stuff is being setup but the internal mixing
soundbuffer is not being cleared. that's definitely an SDL_mixer
problem, but i'm not sure why it's changed. (or if that is the problem)

it sounds like a couple people are enjoying this feature. perhaps if we
get a list of the offending OS, soundcard, driver, and the versions of
pygame and SDL/SDL_mixer? also, i'm curious if going to an older version
of pygame really fixes things? (if so, then freely blame me) :]