Re: [pygame] Re: [pygmy] Mac Observations

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:32:09AM -0800, Kamilche wrote:

> >Using py2app should though allow you to distribute to Mac users and will be
> >fairly OS version agnostic - once you get your code working.
> >

> Have you used it before? Does it work as advertised? I know py2exe on
> the Windows platform is useful, but has some issues.
>
> Thanks for the response!

I have used py2app. It has worked just fine for me. It is similar to
py2exe, but in my experience a little bit easier.

The only frustrating thing is the inability to set an icon for the
generated app. Mac Icons in general bother me. There is a serious
shortage of good documentation on how they actually work. So far I have
not been able to find any clean way of doing it without using
proprietary third-party tools (unless you don't mind an ugly icon with
no transparency, which is as easy as copying-and-pasting into the "Get
Info" window)

---
Bob the Hamster