[pygame] Fwd: install problem

Forwarded message from unsubscribed user
Elliot Temple <curi@xxxxxxx>

Hi,

I have OS X 10.4.5

I have tried and failed to get pygame working. I've tried running the
installers but nothing noticeable changes. I found pygame in the
include folder in python somewhere but when i try to import it, it
isn't there. There may be multiple versions of python on my system,
and if so I don't know where they are. I just type "python" in my
terminal (or pythonw IIRC). this is a mac; there shouldn't be
installers at all, just disk images with icons to drag to my
harddrive :-)

i installed numeric and other dependencies a while ago. i don't think
they work either. the pygame installer didn't complain about not
having them.

I also tried installing macpython, which made a folder in my
applications folder. when i try to open the package manager, it crashes.

i installed some version of python too. i forget which. i have no
idea where it went. the installer exited and umm yeah, *sigh*

on a previous version of OS X (probably 10.2 but maybe 10.3), i
installed pygame, and it was quite easy. i then wrote a tetris clone
using it. if it's too hard to install for a programmer (who isn't a
unix wizard), that's a serious problem.  My parents wanted to play my
game, but they have a mac, so I told them not to bother.

on windows this is all extremely easy.

i'd appreciate any help getting it working. i don't care what version
or anything, I just want to run my game.

-- Elliot Temple
http://www.curi.us/  (source code for my tetris game is here if
you're curious)