Re: [pygame] py2app pyobjc import problem

On Feb 24, 2006, at 11:14 PM, Elliot Temple wrote:

If there's a py2app list I should be asking instead, let me know.

Normally py2app is discussed on pythonmac-sig.

py2app worked for me (default setup script, OS X 10.4.5), but my friends with OS X 10.3.9 can't open the game. They get:

ImportError: PyObjC 1.2 or later is required to use pygame on Mac OS X

Applications built on Mac OS X 10.4 can't be used on Mac OS X 10.3 except under very special circumstances.

You need to install a framework build of Python 2.4 (either ActiveState's 2.4.2 or the "official unofficial" 2.4.1 build) and then install a version of PyObjC for Python 2.4 (pygame, etc.) built on 10.3. The packages on http://pythonmac.org/packages/ suit this description. With that setup, you should be able to successfully build standalone applications that run on Mac OS X 10.3 and later.

-bob