Re: [pygame] help: how to make a mac osx installer?

There's no libpng dylib in the sdl_image framework - I think sdl_image is including libpng as a static lib. The same dylib-free SDL_image framework should be what my 2.4 install on the same computer is using and it can load .png's fine, which is what leads me to think that. Also the error is when loading the .so, not when loading the framework as far as I can tell.  I actually think the best thing would be to have imageext include libpng as a static lib as well - as opposed to statically link to a dylib. It's an error free approach in terms of stuff like this, and should just be a matter of what libpng.a you link to.