Re: [pygame] Fwd: request for pygame-docs-1.7.exe

I have switched to NSIS for the Windows installer. Command line script compilation is now possible. The build scripts are in SVN. Here is the latest Documents installer. Hopefully it makes the correct permissions require for Vista. It now provides a Start Menu shortcut for the examples directory. Documents installed with the previous installer should be uninstalled first.

http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame-1.8-docs-setup.exe

md5sum: c2f2bc8a7531ada04a0e4b5d86d372e7 *pygame-1.8-docs-setup.exe

Lenard

Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
Sure, I can put the installer build script on SVN if you don't mind using InstallJammer:

http://www.installjammer.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

But it uses a GUI approach to installer design, so I don't know how easy it is to automate. If there is another cross-platform, script based installer to consider I can look at it. I've been checking out NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System), a command line tool, but it is strictly Windows.

Lenard

René Dudfield wrote:
Nice one :)

Do you reckon you could put the installer script into svn?

I'd like to make some setup commands to build the examples, and docs.

Maybe:
# make examples.zip examples.tar.gz
setup.py make_examples

setup.py make_docs
# make the docs .exe which includes the examples.
setup.py make_docs_win

Or something like that?  What do you think?