Re: [pygame] How to check sound format of mixer?

On, Tue Feb 19, 2008, Alistair Buxton wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I was confused because SDL_InitAudio directly returns the actual
> format through a pointer, while SDL_mixer uses a separate function
> Mix_QuerySpec which I didn't notice.
>
> On 19/02/2008, Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Also it would be nice to have a pygame.mixer.Sound.from_buffer()
> > > function similar to the Surface.from_buffer() in that it does not
> > > require Numeric. I don't have anything against sndarray and surfarray
> >
> > True. I'll put it onto my TODO list.
>
> How long is your TODO list? I might take a shot at it myself since I
> have svn set up already but if I don't post a patch within a couple of
> days it probably means I've given up...

I'm an oblivious idiot :-). A buffer method's already available in the
current SVN tree.  You can use pygame.Sound (your_buffer) safely, the
buffer just has to match the mixer criteria.

Due to the SDL_Mixer implementation however, the buffer will be copied,
so a manipulation of the buffer object after creating the Sound will not
have any impact on it.

Regards
Marcus