Re: [pygame] PyDay #1

Sure you can do that, but it's going to take up a lot more code space. Just remember that you cannot draw your images in an image editor. You HAVE to draw it in the code.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PyMike wrote:
> I think you have the wrong idea about the StringToImage script. Take a
> look at it here: (This one was written by HexDecimal)
> http://pyday.googlegroups.com/web/StringToImage_Optimized.py?gda=x6I-AUsAAAAnfRb3A9CNbNHVH06n4bH5GPEjde9RdTr43XQzPxMy0GG1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDQ9szVNk_3xeEVYwpCsMjpZl9pYdrGxmRQcWZWi5ITXKQ
>
> When drawing in the code itself, you can either use the above or
> pygame.draw
Personally, I don't see the difference between this, and using 24 bits
per pixel.
For example, why can't I have an image like:
"""000000000255255255000000000
   255255255000000000255255255
   000000000255255255000000000"""
where each set of 3 numbers refers to one color channel, and every 3
refers to one pixel?
I understand if you want a constraint against this, I just don't really
see why you would other than to increase the challenge, because it's
basically the same as far as I can tell.

--
- PyMike