Re: [pygame] BUG: required modules not raising error when failing to import was Re: [pygame] Surfarray.array_alpha() bugfix, py2exe/py2app segfault

I thinks it's very important that packaging tools work out of the box with pygame and have no mysterious failures. If it takes a hack, it takes a hack. If there are alternatives to the hack, they should be used. But not solving the problem is not an alternative.