Re: [pygame] BUG: required modules not raising error when failing to import was Re: [pygame] Surfarray.array_alpha() bugfix, py2exe/py2app segfault

Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I thinks it's very important that packaging tools work out of the box with
pygame and have no mysterious failures. If it takes a hack, it takes a hack.

I think, packaging tools should do their job right and do not behave wrong.

If there are alternatives to the hack, they should be used. But not solving
the problem is not an alternative.

That's not what I wrote, if you'd have read my mail. I wrote that we should
fix that on the user-kevel with providing a matching script for py2exe.

Regards
Marcus