Re: [pygame] SDL_pgame now available as branch

On, Thu Feb 12, 2009, Rene Dudfield wrote:

> coolness :)
>
> how about using the pyg prefix for all of the names?
>
> eg.  sdl_pyg   libSDL_pygXXX  and pyg_XXX ?

That could be done.

> I think we should wait until after pygame 1.9 is released before
> moving it over to use SDL_pyg?  Was that your idea too?  Or start

Absolutely not. The C library is a simple spin-off of
pygame/pgreloaded. Why would we want to add some more run-time overhead
to pygame? Just to use the C library?

> Another thought... having a distutils based build system would be
> good, along with the other build systems(libtool etc)... so we can

If you can give me an example about how distutils can build a pure C
shared library properly, I'd be happy to integrate it.

> keep using our same build system(s).  That has advantages over using
> other build systems - like the libraries can be built on the
> compile/test machines.

I do not know, how the compile/test machines invoke the pygame build
currently, but it should not be a problem to create some script that
encapsulates the Makefile invocation to keep them happy :-).

Regards
Marcus