Re: [pygame] SDL_pgame now available as branch

> I think we should wait until after pygame 1.9 is released before
> moving it over to use SDL_pyg? Was that your idea too? Or start

 Absolutely not. The C library is a simple spin-off of
 pygame/pgreloaded. Why would we want to add some more run-time
 overhead to pygame? Just to use the C library?

I was expecting the main use of this library would be to move the heavy computation out of Pygame. I expect it would be useful for bindings to other languages, as well as standalone game projects.

Moving this to an external C library would add no overhead to Pygame. We already have so many; SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, etc. It will create more work for compiling and configuring, but that will be minor.

There will be issues in keeping it synced with Pygame. But I have a feeling it will be easy to keep a stable API and ABI.