Re: [pygame] taming the circus of modules

Vince Platt <vinceplatt@yahoo.com> writes:

> Is it just me, or are C source distributions under Windows a lot
> harder to get going than under *nix?
Sadly enough, it's not you.

>  I'd configured, compiled, and
> deployed a number of applications under *nix (and even VMS) without
> any problems.  I've tried to do the same with MSVC++ under Windows a
> couple times, and it was just hell.

MSVC++ is very nice in my opinion, but people on windows (including
myself) have no standardized way to distribute sourcecode that I have
noticed anyway. MSVC++ has a full blown make system (nmake), but it seems it
is not much used. Instead you get the user "private" setup of
hardcoded directories and suchlike, which you have to be a patient and
pretty experienced VC++'er to figure out how to fix.

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad