Re: [pygame] taming the circus of modules

>the pygame binaries _do_ come with smpeg. :]

Ah, that's good to know.  I hadn't looked, but I assumed that it did
not install with pygame because it's on the dependency watch piece of
the page (but so is SDL, so I don't know what I was thinking).

>fortunately, these days there are binary installers
>for Numeric, which has made things a little easier.

I didn't know that.  When 0.2 was the current version, I tried
getting Numeric installed and the install directions always started
with compiling it.  I’ll have to look again.

Is it just me, or are C source distributions under Windows a lot
harder to get going than under *nix?  I'd configured, compiled, and
deployed a number of applications under *nix (and even VMS) without
any problems.  I've tried to do the same with MSVC++ under Windows a
couple times, and it was just hell.  Obviously, I'm not a C/C++
programmer, so that's really the core issue.  But you would think you
could at least compile something under MSVC++ without having to tool
up completely.  Am I wrong/missing the boat somehow?