Re: [pygame] Cross-fading music?

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> I see from the docs that only one music object can be loaded at one
> time... But is it perhaps possible to use the main mixer module or
> something to get cross-fading effects? Is there any "fade up"
> functionality anywhere at all?
>
> If not, is this due to SDL restrictions, or is it possible to add this
> sort of thing? I realise that PyGame isn't first and foremost a sound
> mixing package, but it seems like it's doing a good job at the sound
> handling it does at the moment, and things like cross-fading seem very
> useful to me...

i believe SDL_mixer has some 'fade in' functions for music, but i
haven't added support for them in pygame yet. i've noticed many
situations where the SDL_mixer fading effects don't work as advertised :[

so crossfading is sadly out. (at least for now). the last SDL_mixer
release added a lot of new functionality, and the next one should have
even more. i'll be revisiting the mixer module after that to start
adding in some of the new features (like audio panning, seeking music,