Re: [pygame] Cross-fading music?

Pete Shinners <shredwheat@mediaone.net>:

[...]
> i believe SDL_mixer has some 'fade in' functions for music, but i
> haven't added support for them in pygame yet. i've noticed many
> situations where the SDL_mixer fading effects don't work as advertised :[

Hm. Not good. (For this specific application, I'll be running it
myself, so I can check whether it works or not... I probably won't be
distributing it.)

> so crossfading is sadly out. (at least for now).

OK. Fading out and then starting the next track (which will probably
be semi-faded-up in itself) is an acceptable solution for now, then.

> the last SDL_mixer
> release added a lot of new functionality, and the next one should have
> even more. i'll be revisiting the mixer module after that to start
> adding in some of the new features (like audio panning, seeking music,

Woo... Sounds good.

BTW: I must say I like the basic model of PyGame; everything seems so
straightforward. You just handle everything by yourself in an event
loop you write by yourself; and by blitting some surfaces here and
there, Bob's your uncle. Great fun :)

I really think PyGame would be a great foundation for a entry level
programming course...

Oh, well, I'll be getting back to some real work now <wink>

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org