Re: [pygame] Possible problem in transform

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> I think the rotozoom/scale/rotate ops should have at least an option for
> some good filtering.. imho they're pretty damn ugly by today's
> standards, makes me feel like I'm using a SNES or something.

between the pygame rotate functions you have the exact same
functionality as the 'gimp' rotate tools. the antialiased version
provided by SDL_rotozoom does have a couple "edge case" problems, but
that might not be a problem if the image is colorkeyed or doesn't need
the entire image area (ugh, SDL_rotozoom is mean and ugly)

here's some comparative cases with a 20 degree rotation
http://www.pygame.org/ftp/contrib/rotatetests.png

in fact.. if you peer into the jaggies, i might even prefer my non-aa
rotate to the one in gimp. (like the controller buttons and snake tail)