Re: [pygame] Physics and games...

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 12:16:09PM -0600, Vince Platt wrote:
> > TheG <gareth.noyce@ukonline.co.uk>:

> > > Ahhh, excellent. Do you have an ISBN number for that? I'll order it...
> >
> > Sure: 0-596-00006-5
> >
> > (Hm. Strange ISBN number...)
> >
> > Haven't read much in it, but it seems very good; and it contains
> > material on all kinds of physics. It seems like something that ought
> > to be in every game developers bookshelf :)
> >
> > (ShredWheat: it's got info on implementing collision responses too
> > <wink>)

The Oreilly book is OK, but is windows Dev studio and Direct 3d centric (which really sucks). If you've done Undergraduate level Calculus and Linear Algebra then a good Physics Text like Serway's "Physics for Scientist and Engineers" and a good calc book covering Numerical integration methods like the Runge-Kutta method is going to take you much further than Oreilly's book will. Of course they'll probably cost more though.
But maybe you've already got them on your book shelf from that unfinished degree :)

Crispin