Re: [pygame] Physics and games...

crispin@iinet.net.au <crispin@iinet.net.au>:
[...]
> The Oreilly book is OK, but is windows Dev studio and Direct 3d
> centric (which really sucks).

Well... My suggestion was mainly based on the physics-content, not the
API used. (I really hope MicroSoft isn't going to launch a proprietary
version of physics ;)

> If you've done Undergraduate level
> Calculus and Linear Algebra then a good Physics Text like Serway's
> "Physics for Scientist and Engineers" and a good calc book covering
> Numerical integration methods like the Runge-Kutta method is going
> to take you much further than Oreilly's book will.

Sure. From the discussion (on irc) I got the impression that some of
the people here might not have had much physics... But I may be wrong,
of course.

> Of course they'll probably cost more though.  But maybe you've
> already got them on your book shelf from that unfinished degree :)

Me? I've got a degree... I'm working on another (Ph.D) :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org