Re: [pygame] Game demo for review

On 1/12/06, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/12/06, Simon Wittber < simonwittber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you are looking to sell your game, you might want to leverage
python's cross-platform-ability and get a Mac build happening. Mac
people are starved for games.

I get roughly 50% mac, 10% Linux and 40% Win32 browsers downloading my games.

I completely agree that a games for gratis developer on PC should target Mac as well as PC, because the Mac market is growing and as Simon said it's "starved for games" - but those download figures don't represent the breakdown in sales people would see on average. From what I hear, most moderately successful games in the downloadable market that actively pursue both Mac and Win see about a 10:1 ratio in favor of sales on windows. Worth doing both (in my opinion) when the code & tools are already highly portable but not the size of numbers you'd need to help you quit your day job or anything...

is the file ziped?
My internet connection is too slow to slow to download something that is 19 mbs. :(

--
Sincerely, Matt