Re: [pygame] Re: Introduction and a game announcement (PySpaceWar 0.9.1)

On Monday 16 January 2006 11:15, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 09:47:36PM +0100, Horst JENS wrote:
> > just want to express my admiration for your game. runs very fast on my

i was pleasantly impressed yesterday when tried it briefly too

> your screen resolution?  I developed the game at 1024x768, and have
> tried it at 640x480, but I'm sligtly worried the fonts might be too
> small (and the rendering might be too slow) at something like 1600x1200.

ran it in 1920x1200 here at studio orange, on this Sun sponsored monster box -
no probs (is some fast AMD Opteron but with 32bit ubuntu install, with a
Quadro FX 1100 (nv36GL it seems))

i have to say i am really happy about all the open source games out there, and
this seems to be a great addition. perhaps my kid does not need to pirate
when he grows up.. he just had his first platform jumping experience with
Supertux during christmas (had earlier played tuxrace of course), and perhaps
can try pyspacewar if ever gets interested in that sort of games (i enjoyed
things like Turboraketti or something on Amiga with friends a lot when was a
kid .. and later was impressed by the x11 using networked thing ppl played at
uni)

> Marius Gedminas

~Toni