Re: [pygame] Newbie needs help, what's the most efficient (or easiest) way to do this?

Oh, and Luke, the game will be Open Source. So go ahead and modify it
for DVORAK or whatever. Do you really need to do that though? won't it
work fine with any kind of keyboard? Well, aside from the moving
parts. That would need modification for different keyboard types.

On 1/24/07, Charles Christie <sonicbhoc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/24/07, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds good.  What's this business about combos?
>
> Oh, and by the way, I'm in the process of writing a raycaster game engine.
> Thought that might interest you since you were thinking of making a
> first-person shooter typing game, right?
> I would be happy to help you modify it to suit your needs.
> I will probably GPL it, though, so I think that would mean you'd have to
> release your source or something.
> I dunno exactly what GPL does.  Anyway, I could give you a special
> license to use it probably, if GPL created issues for you.
> Let me know if you're interested.
> Oh, and is there any way you could add DVORAK support, or at least let
> me have the code and modify it myself?
> I'm trying to learn the DVORAK layout and most typing games I've found
> with support for that layout aren't very fun.
>
> -Luke

When I said "shoot-em-up" game I meant Touhou or R-type or something like that, not a First Person Shooter, which is an entirely different concept. And the combo thing is for scoring, but since the combo will only be increased by how you type, it wouldn't make sense to have it be a global variable.