Re: [pygame] Newbie needs help, what's the most efficient (or easiest) way to do this?

The game would be about typing english words as fast as possible to
damage the boss, while moving around the bullet pattern it fires at
you.

The thing is that moving would be mapped, on a qwerty keyboard:
WASD, IKJL, and the up, 5, left and right buttons on a numpad.
I've never even seen a DVORAK keyboard so I would have no clue on how
to set it up for those.

I'm having a little more trouble but I'll ask about it later - I have
3D art class now, not senior project.

On 1/29/07, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charles Christie wrote:
> Oh, and Luke, the game will be Open Source. So go ahead and modify it
> for DVORAK or whatever. Do you really need to do that though? won't it
> work fine with any kind of keyboard? Well, aside from the moving
> parts. That would need modification for different keyboard types.
Yeah, it works fine for all kinds of keyboards.  but think about it:
stage 1 for qwerty:
ffff jjjj ffff jjjj fjfjfjfj jfjfjfj etc.

stage 2:
df fd jk kj etc.

stage 1 on a dvorak:
uh huh uh huh etc.

stage 2 on a dvorak:
the hut het teh tut etc.

The layouts are different so the order in which you learn the keys is
different...
Unless your typing program is really just a speed test, then it doesn't
matter what layout it's for -
except that if you use english words us dvorak people will probably beat
you qwertyers ;)
I feel like that tale about the guy going up against the steam engine. :D

I hope this has enlightened you ;)
-Luke