Re: [pygame] New GUI

Hi Kamilche

    Being a blind user and the need for an all text version. It would be
nice to have something that is complete text oriented. I have not tried any
for the screen does not allow the screen reader to scan unless it is
standard Window Classic with classic colors and standard buttons and menus.

    A text version that has menus that say the same things as fancy buttons
and such do. The menus must be of the standard windows style as I mentioned.
Search functions and such as a part of menus....

    That is what is ideal for a blind user.

        Bruce

I've looked at wxPython, PGU, Ocemp GUI, PyUI, and other GUI toolkits
available for Python. Each of them had, to my eyes, severe flaws that
prevented me from using them for my apps. Therefore, I've spent many
months developing my own GUI and event system.

The GUI has windowing, translucency, buttons, menus, slider bars,
frames, and more. It has a drag n drop GUI builder. The controls can be
'anchored', meaning when you resize the window, the controls resize
automatically as well. It has an easy event handling system similar to
VB6, but also the capability for controls to handle 'global' events.

I'm using it for a couple of commercial apps I'm making. I'm considering
making the GUI itself available commercially, as well. I'm writing this
email to gauge the level of interest in it.

If you're interested, respond in this thread. Pricing is an unknown - if
you have thoughts in that area, I'd appreciate hearing them.

--Kamilche