Re: [pygame] When is pygame 1.8 coming out?

On, Thu Jan 24, 2008, Kamilche wrote:

> Marcus von Appen wrote:
>> On, Thu Jan 24, 2008, Kamilche wrote:
>>
>>> Bo Jangeborg wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>>
>>> I tried. I submitted some changes, some code samples, went to a Thursday
>>> online meeting - nothing came of it. In chat it was like I was invisible,
>>> and no one could hear me.
>>
>> Maybe because they are on Tuesday ;-).
>
> I suppose it could have been on Tuesday, not Thursday. I don't recall as
> it's been over a year since I tried to contribute.
>
> I worked all morning and got the pygame-ctypes examples whipped into shape.
>  I encountered several problems over and over again:

[pygame-ctypes bugs]

> Just so's ya know - that's what needs to be done.

As Alex said, it's unmaintained and not really compatible. And afaik
there's currently no one, who takes care of it. If you are willing to
provide matching patches, feel free to do so. We'll happily apply them,
I think :-).

Otherwise, you'll have to wait until someone will fix that up by time.

> Posting a link to the Windows installer for pygame 1.8 would be helpful,
> too.

It's still not released ;-).

Regards
Marcus