Re: [pygame] Ann: Pygame 1.8 SVN snapshot as Win32 installers

Funny. The first item in the SDL FAC* says, "SDL takes advantage of DirectX hardware acceleration when it is available, but falls back to the standard Win32 services if DirectX is not installed". And the SDL 1.2.12 configure script shows DirectX enabled by default. So it appears to have been re-activated (or their documentation is outdated). But I can always add a build flag to force DirectX support. SDL 1.2.13 is out so I should try building it anyway.

Lenard

* http://www.libsdl.org/faq.php?action=listentries&category=4#38

Brian Fisher wrote:
The default was changed in SDL 1.2.10, and has been windib since.
http://libsdl.org/release/changes-1.2.html
"The "windib" video driver is the default now, to prevent problems
with certain laptops, 64-bit Windows, and Windows Vista. The DirectX
driver is still available, and can be selected by setting the
environment variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER to "directx"."