Re: [pygame] Capabilities of Pygame

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/01/12 01:43 PM, Julian Marchant wrote:
--- On Fri, 1/13/12, Lenard Lindstrom<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Also,
though SDL does support streaming, Pygame does not.
Everything must be loaded before played.
Um... that's not true.  pygame.mixer.music is Pygame's streaming module.
Oh right, I forgot about file like objects. Has anyone managed to use the music module to play streaming audio?

I feel like I'm misunderstanding you, but yes I use pygame.mixer.music to stream audio from an OGG file all the time. I've never had a problem with it. Is that what you're asking?

-Christopher