Re: [pygame] PYGGEL reboot

Sam that would be interesting. Seeing how rusty I am that sort of thing would be cool from my perspective, as I am just diving through every tutorial I can.

Lucas: in regards to PYGGEL or to what Sam said? Last I looked (which has been some years), pyglet was basically similar to Pygame, just built fully for OpenGL for accelerated 2d graphics as well. There is nothing wrong with it, in fact there is a branch of PYGGEL that was redoing it in pyglet. I am personally more comfortable with Pygame, and considering I am relearning all of OpenGL basically, that seemed like a good place to start.

Cheers

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 4:37 AM, Lucas Wagner <lowagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's wrong with pyglet?

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Sam Bull <sam.hacking@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On mer, 2015-01-21 at 18:27 -0700, Matt Roe wrote:
> With all of this I have decided to reboot the project, using more
> modern techniques (at the very least not just using display lists for
> everything) - and I was curious if there was anyone else out there who
> would care to help out?

I am also working on a 3D graphics library, partly as my final year
project. It's using modern OpenGL. I'm specifically trying to avoid a
full 'engine' and provide a slightly lower level, more flexible library
which can then be integrated into a game engine.

Anyway, if you think there might be anything worth sharing between the
projects, just get in touch.

--
"""
 lucas o. wagner, PhD