Re: [pygame] Good English Computer coding books

I learned from "Python Programming For The Absolute Beginner (Third Edition)" by Michael Dawson. Great book.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Martti KÃhne <mysatyre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At a certain point, programming becomes more about solving problems than learning the language, so you can't separate out the learning from the doing. So, you should pick a problem domain that interests you and go from there.

that is well put indeed. for OP I would suggest looking for an
existing game that would reasonably challenge him/her, and if there
are specific questions that occur about the implementation I'd gladly
discuss them. feel free to contact me off list even. ;-)

most of my practical learning happened when I followed discussions on
irc about specific problems which got me interested/challenged myself.
I'm not completely certain whether that is applicable to pygame,
though.

cheers!
mar77i