[pygame] How I solved the Lunar lander surface collision

The surface was a 24 color bitmap, but was basically all black except for a line of pixels representing the terrain.

I wrote a program in C to read the BMP and dump out a list of terrain heights.  I simply read that on input and used that for collision.

I appreciate all the advice.

The ZIPed source and data files are at:

www.michaelbauers.com/lander.html.

I am debating between leaving it as a demo type project and cleaning up the class communication, or trying to make it into a game someone would enjoy playing.