[pygame] Crashing Problems

Hi all,

My installation of Python crashes anytime I set the display mode.

I've got installed:

Windows2000
Python 2.2
Pygame 1.5 for Python 2.2 (Windows Install)
All Windows dependecies (win32-dependencies.zip)
OpenGL for Python
My video card is Via's S3 ProSavage KM133

I started by trying the examples shown in the Display Modes tutorial. I
import pygame.display and initialize it.  This is what I get:

<VideoInfo(hw = 1, wm = 1,video_mem = 4640
      blit_hw = 1, blit_hw_CC = 1, blit_hw_A = 0,
      blit_sw = 1, blit_sw_CC = 1, blit_sw_A = 0,
      bitsize  = 32, bytesize = 4,
      masks =  (16711680, 65280, 255, 0),
      shifts = (16, 8, 0, 0),
      losses =  (0, 0, 0, 8)>

I then tried:

>>> #give me the best depth with a 640 x 480 windowed display
>>> pygame.display.set_mode((640, 480))

I briefly see a window named pygame window and then an alert box  that says,
The instruction at "0x1e074ca6" referenced memory at "0x00000038". The
memory could not be "read", followed by, The instruction at "0x1e605f4c"
referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Clicking
ok closes the window and Python itself.

then I tried the other example:

>>> #give me the biggest 16bit display available
>>> modes = pygame.display.list_modes(16)
>>> if not modes:
...     print '16bit not supported'
... else:
...     print 'Found Resolution:', modes[0]
...     pygame.display.set.mode(modes[0], FULLSCREEN, 16)

I get a black fullscreen, the screen flashes a little, I hear a couple of
sounds of programs crashing and when it clears back to my desktop, no more
python.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?  Also I should point out that I've
tried all the examples that comes with pygame and they all work fine with
the exception of surfarray demo since I still haven't installed numeric yet
(but will soon).

Let me know if there is any more information I can give.

Thanks
Joel