Re: [pygame] Crashing Problems

Joel Ricker wrote:
> My installation of Python crashes anytime I set the display mode.
>
> Any ideas of what could be causing this?  Also I should point out that I've
> tried all the examples that comes with pygame and they all work fine with
> the exception of surfarray demo since I still haven't installed numeric yet
> (but will soon).

joel, this is strange, i haven't heard of anything like this before.
it looks like you are doing everything correct. the first thing i'd
be interested to see is if not using directx fixes the problem.
here's a quick script to get sdl to use "DIB" and not "DIRECTX".

import pygame, os
os.environ['SDL_VIDEODRIVER'] = 'windib'
pygame.display.init()
print "Video Driver:", pygame.display.get_driver()
pygame.display.set_mode((200, 200))
pygame.time.wait(2000)

see if that will work for you, leave a 200x200 window on the screen
for about 2 seconds. if it does work, then it's definitely directx
(or maybe sdl) related.

what version of directx do you have installed? upgrading the
graphics drivers might be a good idea, if available?