Re: [pygame] Crashing Problems

From: "Pete Shinners" <pete@visionart.com>

> see if that will work for you, leave a 200x200 window on the screen
> for about 2 seconds. if it does work, then it's definitely directx
> (or maybe sdl) related.
>
> what version of directx do you have installed? upgrading the
> graphics drivers might be a good idea, if available?

Nope, I'm afraid I got the same thing -- a little 200 x 200 window opened
up, then crashed.  I tried as well running it as a through a python script
at the command line rather than through the interactive window.  It opens
up, hangs, and then everything crashes once I close the window - which I had
to do by forcing it to close, not by normal means.

I've got Direct X 8 installed - and all Direct X 8 tests ran with no
problem.  In a moment I'll try upgrading to Direct X 8.1 to see if that
helps any. The dialog window for Direct X did dump out a lot of detailed
information about Direct X 8 and my system setup.  Let me know if that would
be of any use to you.

I should have mentioned in my last post that upgrading the video drives was
something else I tried, but did help any either.

Thanks
Joel