Re: [pygame] Python Game Programming Competition update

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:55 pm, Phil Hassey wrote:
> I think that teams and solos should all be judged in
> the same competition.  Unlike the 48 hour contests
> where everyone can have an equal time commitment (most
> people can put aside a single weekend and work for
> about 20 hours on their entry), with a whole week,
> there is a lot of variation on what kind of time
> commitment people can make.

Yep, I tend to agree. And hell, the judging really isn't the important part of
the "competition" anyway :)

Here's how I'm going to implement team participation:

- It will be possible for users to sign up to multiple teams. Team
  composition will be locked down at the start of the competition.
- One person will be "team leader" who will control adding of members to
  the team. Anyone will be able to request membership of or remove
  themself from a team.
- All team members may post diary entries to the team's diary. Members do
  not have their own diary.
- All team members may post files to the team's file space. Teams will
  have to request a larger quota if they require it.
- Teams will be listed in the "entrants" list alongside individuals.
- All team members may participate in judging, though none may judge
  their own team's entry.

     Richard