Re: [pygame] From * import * and Pygame2exe

On 7/20/05, Matt Bailey <mattb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Frankly, I think the custom-level-format-in-ASCII-file idea is pretty
> slick. :) Your level definition files don't have to be overly bloated with
> Python code, you just have the barebones data needed to build the levels.

Well, it depends on the levels. If they are just pure data like item
locations and walls etc. then a simple custom format works fine.
However, if the levels have scripted events etc. it's nice to have the
full power of Python expressions without having to code your own
parser and lexer.

--
Sami Hangaslammi