Re: [pygame] Licensing

LGPL seems perfectly appropriate for pygame to me. SDL is LGPL as well, and seems to work fine for it. Is someone claiming that LGPL is undesirable for pygame in some way?

I believe the only time the license terms even matter for a game is when a game is distributed along with pygame - and then the "Combined Works" section (4) applies - so games that distribute a package including pygame would basically need to include the LGPL copyright in their distribution (4a-c), and the python import mechanism for using pygame seems to already be a "suitable shared library mechanism" (4d1) so no work there, and moreover the python import mechanism and py2exe and py2app are all well enough known that I don't think additional "installation information" is required to be able to replace the pygame included in a game distribution (4e)

So it seems to me, unless somebody is doing something weird with their game distribution, the only burden LGPL adds at all is to repeat the LGPL copyright info if you are distributing pygame along with your game.

So am I misinterpreting the license? Is one of the requirements the LGPL puts on pygame-using game distribution troublesome? If so, what would be better and why?