Re: [pygame] BUG cd audio

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 3:36 AM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tyler Distad wrote:
>>
>> I've been
>> experimenting with various python Audio CD tools, and I've decided
>> they just don't exist.
>
> It's probably possible to write some Python code to open
> the raw cd device and issue the appropriate ioctls to
> read audio from it. But it will be easier and less
> error prone to call an external program such as readcd.
>
> --
> Greg

Now that's a thought I hadn't had. I'd been trying to write my own
code and was simply getting nowhere. I didn't know how to read the raw
device. But ioctls...hmm. If I had more time to develop this, I'd see
what I could produce. But time is an issue, and as you say, an
external program is probably going to be the simplest.