Re: [pygame] No pygame.mixer.Sound.get_current()?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Tyler Distad <tyler.distad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now I guess my original question has changed. I can now find my
> position within a track, using your suggestion of
> mixer.music.get_pos() (Though the value returned is relative only to
> the current seek position, not the start of the file.) Now I'm missing
> a get_length() function for mixer.music(). Is this something that can
> be added?

You might want to check out my latest package, SWMixer.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/SWMixer/
README is at:
http://code.google.com/p/pygalaxy/wiki/SWMixer

This is an alternative for pygame's sound functions.  It has some nice
features, such as getting the current position of sounds, resampling
audio, etc..  It is also written in 100% Python, so if you want to add
your own features it should be simpler than trying to hack SDL and
pygame.  It doesn't have a streaming music capability at the moment,
still working on that.  For my own music games I convert everything to
WAV files and load them entirely before playing, it works fine.
--
Nathan Whitehead