Re: [pygame] No pygame.mixer.Sound.get_current()?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:59 PM, Nathan Whitehead <nwhitehe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Tyler Distad <tyler.distad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Now I guess my original question has changed. I can now find my
>> position within a track, using your suggestion of
>> mixer.music.get_pos() (Though the value returned is relative only to
>> the current seek position, not the start of the file.) Now I'm missing
>> a get_length() function for mixer.music(). Is this something that can
>> be added?
>
> You might want to check out my latest package, SWMixer.
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/SWMixer/
> README is at:
> http://code.google.com/p/pygalaxy/wiki/SWMixer
>
> This is an alternative for pygame's sound functions.  It has some nice
> features, such as getting the current position of sounds, resampling
> audio, etc..  It is also written in 100% Python, so if you want to add
> your own features it should be simpler than trying to hack SDL and
> pygame.  It doesn't have a streaming music capability at the moment,
> still working on that.  For my own music games I convert everything to
> WAV files and load them entirely before playing, it works fine.

Nathan, your package looks very nice, and your README page was
actually pleasant on the eyes. I really like the idea of only dealing
with a single package instead of the entire pygame system. But I'm
afraid the WAV requirements are killer for me right now--I'm building
a music theater system scalable to hundreds of CDs, and disc space is
a finite resource. I'll keep an eye on your project though, and see
what comes of it.