Re: [pygame] are individual midi instruments sounds copyrighted

Well the midi version of your composition is absolutely your own and no-one else's, and there are other ways to render it to wav/ogg/whatever besides the line out of your keyboard, which don't restrict your ability to distribute and sell your product, so you always have options. If you have access to a mac, for instance, garageband instrument samples give a royalty-free license to use to make renderings of midi music.

That being said, I would be *amazed* if rendering down your own music wasn't an "authorized use" of the yamaha keyboard. That copyright notice you have there isn't clear at all at what is and isn't authorized, it just says that "personal use" is always OK, and that's basically a meaningless statement because what they say is already given by copyright law. I think bottom line is you are in a grey area with that keyboard unless you find something more about what is exactly authorized or licensed. You could try emailing Yamaha support if you really cared, but if I were you, I would assume it's totally fine and just use my own rendered music however I like, cause it would be ridiculous and stupid if yamaha ever tried to claim infringement in a case like yours, bad for their business. The reality of copyright and IP law is that the only thing that is actually in violation is what is enforced by the copyright holder.