Re: [pygame] Re: Need a lot of help with 'virtual' board game

i suspect your answer is with tongue in cheek, but just in case it's not ...

here is a bit of pseudo code in the style that i use. every programmer
who uses pseudo code has his own little version

    get the records

    for each record

        get next record

        check if it contains 'jackpot'

        if it does

            write record to file

just the thought of writing even a simple program, without pseudo
coding it first, makes me shudder.  next stop, programmer hell. and if
a program develops a bug which i suspect has to do with the control
structure, i will rewrite the pseudo code for the suspicious section
and then rewrite the section, scavenging code from the old section
which deals with assignments and other non-control-related detail.
unless it's some kind of trivial thing in a single line, never change
the code first. always change the pseudo code first, then make the old
code conform to the new pseudo code. it's been working for me for a
very long time and i never feel like i'm working hard. and sweating is
definitely not part of my idea of fun unless i have a tennis racket in
my hand.

do you know about unit testing and test-driven development?