Re: [pygame] How to prevent mouse initialization in Pygame

Another possibility would be to execute a command that moves the mouse way off screen?

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/164262/can-i-simulate-mouse-movements-via-terminal-without-xdotool

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 5:26 AM, Annette Wilson <clockworksaint@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I'm not able to follow along as I don't have a Pi, but since I see
attempts to dissect the behaviour of the SDL code via strace, I
thought it worth pointing out that this source code is available and
need not be treated as a complete black box. You can download it from
the SDL site. My links below are to an unofficial copy that somebody
has uploaded to github, but seems to be match the download version.

FB_OpenKeyboard in SDL_fbevents[1] is called unconditionally during
Framebuffer video initialization.[2] You can see there that *most* of
the logic to find a keyboard device is guarded by a check that
geteuid() == 0. (I.e. that the user is root.) The only fallback for
when not root is to try to open /dev/tty. If it fails to find a
keyboard device it can use it aborts. I hope that helps back up what
has been gleaned from the strace and maybe gives some clues.

[1] - https://github.com/infertux/SDL-1.2.7/blob/master/src/video/fbcon/SDL_fbevents.c#L246
[2] - https://github.com/infertux/SDL-1.2.7/blob/master/src/video/fbcon/SDL_fbvideo.c#L531