Re: [pygame] road to 1.6

Beni Cherniavsky wrote:
Yes, that's what I was about to do.  The only drawback is that
existing code, e.g. from the PCR, will have to be modified to support
this.  If there was a hook in all pygame's functions, any Python code
would support this automatically.  It would be as transparent as the
automatic surface locking.
it would also allow us to do 'automatic' update rectangles. then all surfaces could be flipped with the flip() method, and update() could go away.

my biggest problem is that the rects get 'unoptimized' very easily. some sort of 'region' type would make this very cool and keep it automatic. it's something i've been thinking about lately.