[pygame] 1.5.6 release

Pygame 1.5.6 has been released. This is a release test that needs much testing before the big 1.6. Major new features are; draw arcs and antialiased lines, system fonts, and color utilities. Also several crashing bugfixes for fonts.

I expect the big 1.6 release will be coming in the next 3-4 weeks. this 1.5.6 release is considered stable and is recommended for all users.

there are two new majorish features to this release. the system font tools and the color utilities. both of these may undergo small changes between now and the 1.6 release. the system font could especially use wider testing. the system fonts are supported on windows and unix, but there is no code for OSX. (we need one of our OSX supporters to step forward and fill in the holes)

the other big new features are drawing arcs, and antialiased lines. i also just remembered someone had done a floodfill function for pygame. i can't remember who did this, but i intend to get it added in before 1.6.
(who did this, remind me please)

the source packages are here,
http://pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.5.6.tar.gz
http://pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.5.6.zip

windows packages are here,
http://pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.5.6.win32-py2.2.exe
http://pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.5.6.win32-py2.3.exe

we should have RPM or at least SRPM packages ready shortly as well. the debian and freebsd maintainers have been quick on getting updates into their appropriate repositories.

oh, if you are on windows and using python-2.3, you may also want to use the Numeric-23 binary i just packages up.
http://www.pygame.org/ftp/misc/Numeric-23.0.win32-py2.3.exe